Note: Some links are to sites outside of the
UC domain. No endorsement is intended of products, services, or information,
nor is criticism implied of similar sites that are not mentioned.
- General Management Tools
- Pistachio Production Manual, Fourth Edition 2005 -
31 chapters plus graphics, on-line - Coordinating Editor: Louise Ferguson. Associate Editors: Robert H. Beede, Mark W. Freeman, David R. Haviland, Brent A. Holtz, Craig E. Kallsen. Production Editor: JoAnn Coviello. Cover Design: Gwen Conville.
This manual was written for and distributed during the UCCE Pistachio Production Short Course, November 2005. Order on-line over secure server or download form (pdf) to fax or mail. Cost per set: $125 U.S. orders; $150 International orders.
- Assessment & Improvement of Water Penetration - Blake Sanden, UCCE Kern Co. (300 K)
- 2005 UCCE Pistachio Production Short Course Materials Order on-line over secure server or download form (pdf) to fax or mail. Cost per set: $125 U.S. orders; $150 International orders
- Adequate Irrigation in August Important for Shell Splitting in Pistachio - Craig Kallsen, UCCE Farm Advisor Kern Co.
Large bugs damage pistachio nuts most severely during midseason - California Agriculture
- Pistachio Nitrogen (N) and Potassium (K) Fertilization Models - R.C. Rosecrance, S.A. Weinbaum, P.H. Brown
Profile for Pistachios in California - USDA Pest Management Center
of Pistachio - UC Pest Management Guidelines, UC IPM
- Pistachio Harvesting and Processing - Checklist & Procedures
- Pistachio Production Manual - Table of Contents,
160 pgs. Out of Print
A new edition will be available soon.
(Shell Hardening) Phenology Model Database - UC IPM
Centers, Programs, Collections
Collection - National Clonal Germplasm Repository for Fruit and
Nut Crops and Grapes, USDA-ARS, Davis, CA
pistachio.shtml last updated:
February 6, 2006